Call for PhD Students - Selection 2017
The international PhD and MD/PhD Program Inflammation and Immunity (IAI) of the Medical University of Vienna announces open positions for graduate students in the field of Inflammation, Immunity, and Cancer Immunology. The projects aim at revealing novel mechanisms controlling the development and function of immune cells in health and diseases as well as training of the next generation of researchers at the highest standards.
Deadline extended to March 30th, 2017
• Highly qualified applicants from all over the world are invited to apply provided that they are not older than 28 years. Age limit extensions are applicable for special private circumstances; please contact the coordinator for details.
• All applicants should be fluent in written and spoken English (TOEFL certificate or others)
• All applicants must hold a university degree latest by June 2017 and should fulfill the official admission criteria for PhD students at the MUW (see our website). The university degree should qualify for the start of a PhD thesis in their home country and ideally should be equivalent to a European university diploma.
• All applicants should have excellent academic track records and demonstrate strong enthusiasm and talent for research.
By March 30th, 2017 (deadline) applicants should email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the completed application forms containing the following information to the IAI PhD Program office:
• a detailed CV demonstrating competence and motivation for science
• all undergraduate level certificates including university grades. Foreign documents must be sent as certified English translations
• a summary of technical and scientific experiences
• the synopsis of the diploma thesis
• a list of publications and/or presentations at meetings
• names and address of 2-3 referees who will separately have to send letters of recommendation and a completed questionnaire to the IAI PhD Program office (see details on our website)
Only applications via our application form will be considered for the selection procedure.
Application forms can be downloaded directly from our website www.meduniwien.ac.at/phd-iai/topmenu2/application/forms-downloads/
IAI PhD Program
att Rainer Zenz, PhD
Medical University of Vienna
Institute for Cancer Research
A-1090 Vienna, Austria